Monday, April 25, 2011

FotoFlexer

Hey PED 266 class! My name is Nancy Reilly and I chose to teach you all how to use www.fotoflexer.com. It is a free, online photo editing site that I came across while working on my PLN. I got tired of using the same old free photo editing websites that did not allow to to do everything, unless you were a member and paid a fee. I googled "free online photo editing websites" and searched through the list until I found this one, that had everything I wanted or needed.

To be specific, I am going to show you how to upload a photo from your facebook page and add certain features that jing has, that other free photo editing websites do not.


Step 1: Getting Started
Open a web browser and type in www.fotoflexer.com into the url tab.

Step 2: Logging in
Choose the "facebook" tab underneath the "Get Started" column. When the page comes up click on "Connect to Facebook". Clicking this will bring up a new tab, so make so your pop-up blocker is turned off. Enter in your credentials. A question (shown below) will come up asking if you allow FotoFlexer to access your facebook to retrieve information. Click allow and then close the opened tab.


Step 3: Choosing a picture
You now have access to all your facebook picture albums. Scroll through your options and choose the picture you want to edit.

 Step 4:  Cropping
First you should crop the desired area that you want edited. You can find the crop feature under the basic tab


Other popular features in this tab are rotate,red eye reduction, and resize.

Step 5: Effects
The next tab, "Effects", has a lot of different options to change the look of your photo. Since this is a picture of me and my boyfriend, I decided to use the "heartify" effect.
Changing the level of "craziness", determines how many hearts you have and how out of shape your picture becomes. I also decided to make my hearts bigger than the standard size.

Step 6: Decorations
Next click on the Decorate tab, to add some cute things to your picture. You can choose anything, like adding a border, text, or stickers.
 I chose to add "Glitter text". It looked pretty cool and the font matched my theme. I had to change the background of the text to transparent so it would not be covering part of the picture.


Step 7: Adding Animations
Click on the "Animation" tab at the top of the screen. Again, going along with my theme I picked "animated lovies". This applied a heart that shimmered and flashed. The other animation categories contain stars, holiday themes, lips, etc.

Step 8: Facial touch-ups
In order to do facial editing, such as removing blemishes or wrinkles, click on the "Beautifying" tab. Although I did not need to add any facial touch-ups to my picture, this feature is one that most free picture editing websites do not have. The "wrinkle cream" is used to remove wrinkles and the results are shown below.

Before picture:

After picture:

Step 9: Distort
Another fun thing to do to pictures, is distort them. There are a few distortion features that fotoflex has. One is "twirl" (shown below), where they twist parts of the picture that you choose. They can also pinch, bluge, stretch, and squish parts of the pictures too.

Step 10: Morph images
Morphing imagines is another fun feature of this website. You can find this in the last tab at the top, named "Geek".
In order to morph the images, you have to select two images and line up their facial features with the given lines. (shown above)
The finished product is the two pictures placed on top of each other according to how you lined up the faces.

ALL DONE! Hope you enjoyed learning about "The World's Most Advanced Online Photo Editor".

The End.  

2 comments:

  1. GREAT job! I was able to follow along very well as you showed the different features. Thank you for showing us a new free online photo editor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I COULD USE THIS WELL, BUT SEEMS IT HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN! CAN'T GET TO IT AT ANY SITE , OR DOWNLOAD. I'LL MISS IT.

    ReplyDelete